Having teenagers can be a challenge at times. Sometimes you really need to get back some control and one way to do that is to remove their internet access.
This is the article your kids don’t want you to read.
Step by step instructions on how to block devices on a NETGEAR router
- Firstly login to the admin page. If you don’t know how to do this figure that out first then come back.
- Once you have logged in select the advanced tab, then choose access under security.
There are a few different ways you can do this, however to keep this simple I will show you how I do it.
- Firstly I select the option to block all new devices. (You need to ensure you have enabled access control as well via the little tick box)
- Then make sure that none of the devices that your kids have are on the allowed list.
- You need to make sure your own devices are on the allowed list.
- If you see their devices connected simply select them and choose BLOCK.
- That is pretty much it, make sure you save and apply your settings.
Now you can watch the reactions of your kids. Sometimes they will get a bit aggro as the reality of their situation hits home.
After a few hours they will be putty in your hands and you will find that you can get them to do pretty much anything you want.
Make it very difficult to earn their internet rights back again and from then on even the threat of it will be a powerful tool in your parental toolbox.
As a parent in the 21st century we need to outsmart our kids. Remember they may have mobile data and they will use their phones as well. But often they don’t have much of that so soon use it up.
Make parenting great again!